Friday, October 16, 2009

the moment that changed my life.

There's an article on /Film that poses the following questions:
What is your favorite [movie] scene and why? What does it mean to you? Does it say anything about you?


I've known almost since it happened what my favorite movie scene of all time is and probably almost always will be. I was 7 years old when my dad decided to take me to see a little film by the name of 'Jurassic Park' and that decision would guide me towards being the person i am today. I remember pretty much transforming at the exact moment the water ripples appear in the plastic cup due to the T-Rex's steps. Then having my mind blown when the T-Rex proceeds to destroy the living shit out of the Explorer the kids are in (my other dream is owning an exact replica of the Jurassic Park Explorer). Now, I realize how you might have your WTF?! face on and wonder why this was so special... but it was to me. It pretty much made me love movies and made me want to make one of my own one day. The whole movie was an epic experience for me that will never ever be topped. It can't. It is the single most life changing movie scene for me. As far as it saying anything about me? You be the judge.

0 comments: